- 80 ml coffee
- 60 ml + 50 ml + 50 ml milk
- 2 tsp bitter cocoa powder
- 2 Carambar bars (sticks of caramel sold in France)*
- Cut a Carambar bar into small pieces and allow to melt on a baking tray in an oven at 180°C for around 8 minutes. Remove from the oven, wait for 30 seconds and remove from the baking tray in order to obtain small Carambar crisps.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining Carambar bar in 50 ml of milk.
- In a glass or cup, heat the 60 ml of milk with the hot milk function, add the cocoa powder and stir.
- Pour the coffee into the hot chocolate.
- Froth the remaining 50 ml of milk and incorporate the Carambar milk into it.
- Place the froth onto the coffee.
- Decorate with a little Carambar crisp.
Soft caramel toffees can be substituted for the French Caramabar bars.