Crème Brûlée with Coffee
- Number of people4
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 200 ml milk
- 300 ml double cream
- 100 ml espresso
- 80 g sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- In a saucepan, mix the milk and cream, and bring to the boil.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks with the 80 g caster sugar until pale and creamy.
- Incorporate the coffee, milk and cream, and mix well.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins.
- Preheat the oven and cook at 100°C.
- When cooked, the cream should wobble slightly.
- Leave to cool, then just before serving sprinkle with light brown sugar and caramelise with a crème brûlée iron or blowtorch or under a preheated grill.