- 250 ml coffee
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp coffee masala (cinnamon, pepper, liquorice, vanilla etc.) or Chinese five-spices (pepper, aniseed, cinnamon, clove and fennel)
- Pour the coffee, add the sugar and the coffee masala, and mix to dissolve well.
- Pour into a small container and set aside in the freezer.
- Allow the mixture to harden for around 2 to 3 hours, stirring every hour with a fork in order to obtain small coffee flavoured ice shavings.
- Serve very cold; if possible chill the serving dishes before use. Perfect with a gourmet coffee.
The frozen mixture can be prepared a few days in advance, but make sure you stir it with a fork before serving.