Tap water (normal household potable water) is perfectly OK as long as it is free of odors that might alter the taste of the beverage. Bottled water is also OK. Do not use refrigerated or warm water as this might impact the temperature of the beverage. Use always fresh water and replace the water if system has not been used for more than 2 days. For cold beverages, use water at ambient temperature, never refrigerated water, and place two or more ice cubes (20g per ice cube) in the cup. To be noticed that water hardness is the first reason of machine calcification and so it is recommended to descale the machine frequently (every 3months or less according to water hardness).
Yes. Atelier is equipped with 3 levels of drip tray (2 levels + without drip tray) in order to fit to your cups / mugs. To facilitate your milk recipes preparation, we recommend using the View Mug, coming with Atelier machine. In the User Manual, there is a guidance on how to choose your own cup, quantity of milk to pour, etc. when preparing milk recipes.
Continue pressing selected coffee key (button) during coffee preparation, once you get desired quantity you release the key. New coffee quantity is programmed. For milk recipes, you can't reprogram the quantity of coffee. But after preparation you can press 'Espresso' key for 'top-up'.
NB: we recommend you to keep factory settings for Espresso and Lungo to ensure the best in cup results for each of our coffee varieties.
Yes, thanks to its innovative in-cup frothing technology, you can use Soy, Oat or Almond drinks instead of milk for your Milk based beverages. The in-cup result will depend on the composition of the chosen alternative drink.
We recommend the following composition in order to get a nice froth: • Protein: > 0.5 g / 100 ml • Carbohydrate: < 5.5 g / 100 ml
1) Turn on the machine by pressing one of the coffee keys (Ristretto, Espresso, Lungo).
2) Simultaneously press the Hot Foam + Cappuccino keys for 3 seconds to go to the Automatic Power Saving Setting menu: the "Descaling" and "Clean" alert indicator lights are lit, and the Hot Foam, Latte Macchiato and Cappuccino keys blink.
3) Press one of the Hot Foam, Latte Macchiato and Cappuccino keys to select the desired automatic power off time. You have 15 seconds to program the desired value by pressing the corresponding key. • Hot Foam: 3 min • Latte macchiato: 9 min. Factory setting • Cappuccino: 3 hours
4) The programmed key blinks 3 times to confirm the new selected value.
5) The machine automatically exits from the Automatic Power Saving Setting Menu mode. NOTE: the Automatic Power Saving Setting Menu mode deactivates after 15 seconds of inactivity.
1) Turn on the machine by pressing one of the coffee keys (Ristretto, Espresso, Lungo). 2) Simultaneously press the Lungo and Mocha keys for 3 seconds to activate the Factory Settings Menu. The Lungo and Mocha keys blink 3 times. 3) The factory settings are restored. The machine automatically exits from the Factory Settings Menu mode.
Scale deposits naturally form in your coffee maker. Regular descaling helps protect your coffee maker and ensures it a longer life. It will also help maintain a quality of coffee that remains constant over time.
Follow the instructions in your personal instruction manual for descaling your machine as techniques vary according to the model you own. We recommend using the descaling product provided by the manufacturer. For a daily average usage of 4 cups and if the water is hard, we recommend descaling your machine at least every 3 months. If you live in an area where the water is very hard, you may wish to descale more often.
According to your consumption profile as well as the water hardness you have set in the machine (please refer to "Water hardness setting" section in the user manual), the machine will trigger a descaling alert visible on the top of the machine. To optimize descaling intervals and keep a machine well serviced for optimal in cup quality, we highly recommend setting the machine with the water hardness you have at your place. If your consumption profile is made mostly of milk-based beverages, then descaling alert will come earlier than if you do only coffee.
If your appliance has not been used for several months, the pump may have difficulty restarting the water flow. When you select a small or large cup, the pump makes a lot of noise but no drops come out. - Remove the capsule if there is one. - Fill the tank to the maximum with hot water (60°C). - Turn on the machine and select the large cup. - Take out and reposition the tank every 3 seconds. There should be air bubbles escaping from the tank valve. - The priming is done and the water flows through the coffee outlet.
If priming is not possible after these manipulations, take the appliance to an authorized service center.
After following the instructions in the user manual for starting the appliance, make sure that your electrical socket is working by plugging another appliance. If it still does not work, do not try to dismantle or repair the appliance yourself, instead, take it to an approved repair centre
• Insert the milk frother. • Place a container (600ml) under the head of the machine. • Lift the lever and leave it in an open position. • Fill the water tank and put it back in place. • Press one of the 9 keys. The 9 keys blink quickly. • Some water may flow from the milk frother for a few seconds. • Once priming is completed, the machine returns to "Ready for use" mode.
An expresso has a stronger aroma than a "normal" coffee. In fact, an expresso can be distinguished by its rich aroma and the creamy foam on the surface of the cup. This requires a pressure of 15 bar (achieved only by espresso machines), water heated to 90-92°C and finely ground and measured coffee (7 g per cup).
Ristretto, Espresso, Lungo, Cappuccino, Latte macchiato, Mocha (with real pieces of chocolate), Iced frappé, Hot foam, Cold foam, as direct access recipes.
Its milk frother & In-cup frothing enable to create other recipes such as: Hot chocolate (without coffee for children), Flat white, Caffè latte, café viennois (with cream), Iced cream Frappé, Espresso Freddo, etc.
Milk froth temperature depends on the quantity and temperature of the milk used. As there is no temperature sensor we recommend to use a minimum of 80ml of milk. The more milk you use, the colder the in cup result will be.
Yes but you need to follow these 4 rules in order to ensure the recipe quality and prevent overflow during the preparation: 1. Your cup must not be flared out. 2. Your cup must be at least 7cm in diameter. 3. Always use a minimum of 80ml of milk. 4. The quantity of milk must never fill more than half of your cup.